These are very exciting times for SSI and we are looking for outstanding people to help us continue to build on our goal of well-managed sustainable growth and recognition as an employer of choice in the Greater Victoria Area. We are proud to foster an environment where there is fascinating, challenging work with a corresponding respect for work/life balance. At the core of our success are the creative, energetic, dynamic people who make up the SSI team.
» Scrum Master
SSI is looking for an experienced individual to join their Product Development team as a Scrum Master in Victoria, BC. In collaboration with other Scrum Masters, you will be responsible for leading and coaching SSI in its Agile adoption. As a servant-leader, you will work with multiple Scrum teams to identify impediments and remove barriers to Scrum adoption and implementation.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Leading and coaching SSI and its development teams in Scrum adoption;
• Planning and improving Scrum and Agile Process implementations within SSI;
• Coaching the Development Teams in self-organization and cross-functionality;
• Identifying and removing impediments to the Development Teams’ progress;
• Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum at SSI;
• Working with Product Owners to ensure the Product Backlog is clear, well ordered, and maximizes value;
• Improving the Scrum Teams’ velocity by advocating and aiding adoption of Agile Engineering Practices and Principles;
• Minimizing distractions to the Development Teams by resolving conflicts and protecting them from unnecessary external interruptions;
• Helping the Scrum Teams to improve their process and practices to make development more effective and enjoyable;
• Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed
To qualify for this role, the successful candidate will have:
• A Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field;
• 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master/Agile Project Manager
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
• Proven leadership, facilitation, and motivation skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• A passion for effectiveness, teamwork, and continuous improvement
Although not essential, the following are considered an asset:
• Experience serving at least two Scrum teams simultaneously
• Previous experience in shipbuilding or manufacturing;
• Experience with AutoCAD or other CAD systems;
• 3+ years of experience in software development and/or project management or other relevant professional experience
• Experience with User Stories, Agile Estimation techniques, Automated Testing
» Software Developer
SSI provides Autodesk based solutions to the shipbuilding and offshore industry. SSI develops ShipConstructor®, an AutoCAD based CAD/CAM software suite that leverages the world's most popular CAD platform. SSI applies information technology expertise to address industry specific challenges including sharing engineering data with other business processes and applications such as MRP, ERP and PLM tools. Shipbuilders, naval architects and marine engineers trust SSI on projects such as yachts, oil rigs, tankers, ferries, warships and workboats. Over 80% of the US Navy non-nuclear ships are built with our software.
We are looking for outstanding people to help us continue to build on our goal of well-managed sustainable growth and recognition as an employer of choice in the Greater Victoria Area. We are proud to promote an environment where there is fascinating, challenging work with a corresponding respect for work/life balance. At the heart of our success are the creative, energetic, dynamic people who make up the ShipConstructor team. A career with ShipConstructor Software Inc. will give you the opportunity to work on complex, graphically oriented software which is used worldwide on high profile marine projects.
If you strive for excellence and enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic environment, consider joining our team. Combined with the challenging nature of the work, the ability to see the results of your efforts in the real world; make a career at SSI a rewarding experience. Due to our continued growth, SSI is currently seeking a permanent full-time Software Developer.
Will Be Part of the Team:
As a member of a Scrum team you will be responsible for feature development and bug fixes for leading-edge 3D design software. Along with your team, you will ensure delivery of high quality commercial-grade software, and be adept at creating and executing a variety of functional, performance, exploratory, regression, and usability testing through well-communicated and organized approaches. Duties will be split approximately 75% toward development/coding and 25% toward QA/DevOps.
• Degree(s) in Computer Science and/or Engineering
• Two years or more of work experience
• Thorough knowledge of C++, C#, or other object-oriented programming languages
• Experience with automated testing methodologies
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong organizational skills and a high attention to detail
• Critical and methodical thinking skills
• Familiarity with object-oriented design patterns
• Knowledge of complex data structures and algorithms
• Experience with SQL Server (or other relational databases)
• Fluent in English
Please Note: Due to our security clearance requirements, the successful candidate must be a Canadian Citizen willing to relocate to Victoria, British Columbia.
Preferred Experience / Requirements:
• Working in an Agile environment (Scrum or Kanban)
• Microsoft Visual Studio
• WPF development and MVVM, MVC, or similar design patterns
• AutoCAD and/or other CAD software
• DevOps experience
• Atlassian Tools: JIRA & Confluence
• Investigating and solving SQL performance issues
• Understanding of SQL best practices and methodologies
• Ship design, manufacturing or related technologies